Monday 4 February 2013

Music That Deserves Your Attention

I really am quite proud of the diverse tastes I have when it comes to consuming music.  It seems that I have enjoyed at one time or another almost every genre of music in the world.  The beauty of music is that there is always going to be more material for one to enjoy as we as humans only have so much time in our day.  I like different genres depending on my mood, my energy levels and other factors.  Currently, my favorite genre tends to be electronica, dance, upbeat stuff that gets me going either for working out or just as a pick me up.  I thought I would share some of my favorite artists and groups that I am currently loving, and maybe encourage my small collection of readers to give a few of them a try.


BRAZILIAN GIRLS

Described on wikipedia as "a band from New York City known for their eclectic blend of electronic dance music with musical styles as diverse as tango, chanson, house, reggae, and lounge (but no Brazilian rhythms at all)", this group is difficult to describe.  Wikipedia goes on to call them "alternative dance, downtempo, electronic and dance-punk", how's that for obscure genres?  While their music is typically upbeat, the pace isn't overwhelmingly fast.  It seems to be just perfect for when I want to relax but not overthink things.  I have been playing their most recent album "New York City" from 2008 extensively, but the other day I grabbed their previous 2 albums "Brazilian Girls" and "Talk To La Bomb" to give them a listen.  I have yet to hear a song I didn't like.  Try this one on for size.







HOT CHIP

These guys are a British electronica band formed in 2000.  They have produced 5 studio albums and it is their most recent release "In Our Heads" from June 2012 that I have been playing repeatedly.  I have no acquired the rest of their albums and I have enjoyed everything I have heard.  Creative, upbeat music to keep you smiling.



No comments:

Post a Comment