Friday 31 August 2012

Lover of Lists

As those close to me know, I have become obsessive about list making.  Originally, I thought that creating lists to remind me of chores, tasks and events that I needed to take care of in the coming week would be a good idea.  I use the current list as a bookmark in whatever book I am in the middle of, this way I rarely go a day without actually seeing the list.  Looking at the list provides me with a reminder that I am either: a) having a productive week, getting shit done, etc. or b) being lazy and unproductive and it is high time I get my butt in gear.  The lists have now evolved to include a number of different sections and are almost becoming an art form to themselves.  It's actually quite fun for me to think of all the things to put on the list, be it things that need doing urgently, tasks I have thought of occasionally but never got around to, or even fun things I want to do with the kids but might not think about again until the chance and time has passed me by.  If my list making has got me out on more bike rides with Jasmine, or resulted in extra trips to parks, the library or the pool, then I would have to consider the endeavour to be meaningful.  I know that I am a chronic procrastinator, so it feels good to see a list of tasks in black and white and be able to tick off a number of the items as completed come the end of the week.  I recommend this technique to all other procrastinators out there.  In honour of my admitting to said obsession I thought I would have some fun with lists.  At first I thought I would make top 10 lists, but I won't restrict myself in such a way.  Some lists with have more then 10, some will have less.  I will order them from best to worst at times, other times there will be no such ranking.  Enjoy.


Favourite Athletes (Current)

1. Taylor Hall
2. Andrew McCutchen
3. Jordan Eberle
4. Jose Bautista
5. Lionel Messi
6. Milos Raonic
7. Kevin Durant

Favourite Nutritional Products

1. BCAAs
2. Clif Bars
3. Whey Protein Powder
4. Green Tea Capsules
5. Glucosamine Sulfate

Favourite TV Shows

1. Louie
2. The Cleveland Show
3. Storage Wars
4. Modern Family
5. The Big Bang Theory
6. Mike and Molly
7. The Office
8. Parks and Recreation
9. Breaking Bad


Favourite Actors

1. Paul Giamatti
2. Christian Bale
3. Tom Hardy
4. Jesse Eisenberg
5. Philip Seymour Hoffman
6. Robert DeNiro
7. John Goodman
8. Anthony Anderson
9. Liam Neeson
10.  Jeremy Renner

Favourite Directors

1. The Coen Brothers
2. Ben Affleck
3. Judd Apatow
4. Clint Eastwood
5. Quentin Tarantino
6. Tim Burton
7. Spike Lee

Favourite Rappers That You Might Not Know

Asher Roth
Astronautalis
Bun B
Chiddy Bang
Chris Webby
The Cool Kids
Curren$y
Dizzee Rascal
Glasses Malone
Hilltop Hoods
Swizz
Hopsin
Maino
M.I.A.
Lupe Fiasco
Machine Gun Kelly
Mac Miller
Mike Jones
Paul Wall
Rizzle Kicks
Slum Village
Gorilla Zoe
Gucci Mane
Talib Kweli
Chipmunk
Tinchy Stryder
Tinie Tempah
Wale
Wiz Khalifia
Yelawolf
Young Jeezy

Favourite Comedians

1. Gabriel Iglesias
2. Louis CK
3. Aziz Azari
4. W. Kamau Bell
5. Vidur Kapur
6. Donald Glover
7. Lavell Crawford
8. Dave Chapelle


Favourite Sports To Play

1. Hockey
2. Soccer
3. Basketball
4. Tennis
5. Golf

Favourite Sports To Watch

1. Soccer
2. Hockey
3. Baseball
4. Basketball
5. MMA
6. Football
7. Tennis
8. Golf

Favourite Authors

1. Truman Capote
2. Jon Krakauer
3. John Steinbeck
4. Ralph Ellison
5. Ursula Hegi

Favourite Poker Games

1. No Limit Hold em
2. 5 Card Draw
3. Badugi
4. Omaha 8 or Better
5. Stud Hi
6. Razz
7. 2-7 Triple Draw

Favourite Exercise Activities

1. Lifting Weights
2. Biking
3. Running
4. Swimming
5. Walking

Favourite Folk Singers

1. Tegan and Sara
2. Jeff Bridges
3. Tom Russell
4. Jack Johnson


For now, 'tis all.

No comments:

Post a Comment